Monday, February 21, 2005

Vol. 2, No. 1

It’s been two years since I started publishing a web log, so I thought it was time to start another volume, like you might start another volume of a paper diary. Mostly, I want the thing to look a little different, and I want the comment function to function. Never could quite make the thing work in the old Been There, Seen That, which is still around.


Content’s going to be about the same. An emphasis on what I’ve actually witnessed, a de-emphasis on current event or pop culture or sociological or other speculation, though these things sometimes creep in. I figure there’s tanker-loads of that sort of thing elsewhere; most of it written by people who have no more experience with the subject than what they’ve read or heard; and meanwhile, there aren’t as many people paying attention to their day-to-day lives, where there are some marvels, sometimes.


Not that I have any marvels to report from this long weekend, here in winter stasis, the tiring time of the season. Snow came, but melted. Clouds remained. I went swimming, read Kerouac, watched episodes of The Office on DVD, minded children, did errands and chores, bought a few things. The stuff of a good weekend, stretched over three days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dees,
Rock on, don't let this first comment deter you!
As if you would!
I just finished seeing all three "Office" DVD's.
They were great--truly enjoyed the whole series!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Geofhuth said...

Dees,

I'm a bit late getting to the new blog. I forgot to add it to my blog-tracking service (so I wasn't reminded), and I was out of town for a couple of days (so too busy to read blogs, but you should have two postcards from now).

Hmm, you might want to delete that first message! I'm always amused when someone thinks we care about their opinion of what we should enjoy.

Geof

 

Post a Comment

<< Home