Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Eventful Tuesday

Another flawless day for unemployment: mostly sunny, not too hot, not too cold. Would have been a shame to spend it in an office.


Also an eventful day. Yuriko got a job, as an assistant at a Japan Travel Bureau office. It’s temporary, only until July or so, but it’s something. It happened quickly, I think because besides her talents, which are considerable, JTB also needed someone with Japanese, English and a green card. So for now, I’ll be spending much more time with our mercurial two-year-old. I have mixed feelings about that, of course.


I’ll also be doing some writing. I bagged two assignments in the last 24 hours or so. Sometimes, it’s who you know, all right.


Ann was eager to see “Doggie!” earlier today, that is, our tape of Lady and the Tramp, and as I turned on the TV I saw a tape of bells ringing, and I knew that could mean only one thing. Before I could watch much more, Ann lobbied loudly for Doggie! so I had to wait a while to find out about Benedict XVI. A fine Pope name; much tradition, and a high Roman numeral too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home