Friday, May 06, 2005

50% Off, Come 2015

Exceptionally busy today. I think a regular job would be less work, all things considered. Had a job interview, an article to finish up, an interlude during which we thought Ann was going to be seriously ill. Fortunately, she seems to be better now.


Finally, at last, it’s unambiguously warm, the way May should be. This means that we’re certain to be blasted by a cold front next week. Call me a pessimist. I’ve lived here long enough.


Another letter from Best Western came today. This one was from the hotel we actually stayed at, with its distinctive parrot-decorated return address. It was from a new general manager, one Laurie Ward, who apologized again and offered us half off our next stay, upon presentation of the letter.


When will that be? Who knows? Five or ten years might be reasonable estimates, if then. But I have files. This letter will find a home in my files, and if the time ever comes, I will take it to Florida and demand my 50% discount.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping the Best Western's letter around, to use on a day that might never come, reminds me of Don Corleone, towards the beginning of The Godfather, telling the undertaker Bonasera that he would help him, as a friend, but ...

"Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But uh, until that day -- accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."

Aleksei

 

Post a Comment

<< Home