Monday, June 06, 2005

Cricket Short

Short posts this week, since I’ve got a couple of articles to finish, and an important assignment to begin any day now. Should be an interesting one. More about it someday.


Summer is here at last. Got to about 90 F today, back in the 70s by night. A dry heat, though. Usually the mosquitoes have started their hit-and-run blood raids by now, but there have been few so far this year. Didn’t have the May showers necessary to make June pests.


Lilly pointed out the other day that the crickets had come back. As soon as she said that, I noticed that they had, just a few soloists singing out there in the night. I expect choirs of them as we pass deeper into summer, and then sometime in July, the sparks of fireflies -- light to go with sound. I wasn’t surprised by the crickets, but by Lilly noticing them. That’s the kind of child development I want to encourage: pay attention.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home