Monday, November 07, 2005

Internet Jabberwocky

It’s late, and I’m going to cheat. I just took a look at the many hundreds of e-mails still in my delete file, all waiting the time that I punch their ticket to electronic oblivion. Most are spam of one species or another.


Of course, the idea of spam subject-line poetry isn’t new any more – but I figured I’d try my hand at it anyway. I’m not a versifier by inclination, but this makes it easy. I’m ignoring lines like “Photoshop cheap!” or “Enlarge your manroot!” Otherwise, all I’m doing is adding capitalization and punctuation to whip up my own Jabberwocky.


It’s circus, it’s calfskin
Acetylene, not Johann.
Shelf mu
And backlash mustpram.
Mule bitnet!


The arching, it’s Arkansan.
On abstention also begat
Donald for Angelo, but
Goldfish, not sportswriting.


Crow a criss, but
May monologue see cellophane.
Yolanda, your refill is due.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home