Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tulsa Tower

This is the kind of January I need. Above freezing every day. Rain instead of snow. Gas bills that don’t require home equity loans to pay. Short overcast days, long nights. The Januaries of my childhood in subtropical Texas.


It can’t last.


Busy day, people to talk to, things to write down. If an office building is sold in Tulsa, I’m on it. Reportage by phone and Internet, about a property I’ve never seen in a place I’ve scarcely been (drove past in the dark one time; thought I saw from a distance God’s own "prayer tower" at Oral Roberts U).


It looks like $42 million and change can get you a swell office tower in downtown Tulsa, by the way. But building management is one headache after another, so I’d skip that part and take the “and change.” Enough to live comfortably for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home