Monday, July 31, 2006

Victory Over Ants

Shorts for a while, since I have a lot of work to do in August. A whole lot. This is good, because July was lean, mainly because I decided not to park myself in front of my iMac for the first two weeks of the month. It’s also bad because, well, it’s work, and summer does its level best to encourage indolence.

When we returned from our trip, big black ants had infested the house in large numbers. We’ve always had a few, but for some reason they’d decided it was party time while we were gone. We couldn’t smash ’em fast enough, and I knew I had to drop the Bomb on them when one crawled on my pillow on the couch while I was lying there, and onto (but not quite into) my ear.

The Bomb for ants means a visit by professional exterminator. I’d been resisting it, but the time had come. He came late last week, a friendly fellow who looked something like Dr. Skoda on Law & Order, and did his spraying. We still see a few ants, but they’re stragglers who have the ant-shakes, so I know the poison’s working. With any luck, we won’t see any more healthy ants till next spring, if then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home