Friday, January 12, 2007

Marvels of the Internet, Continued

A holiday’s a holiday, so I’ll post again on Tuesday or so.


You have to be circumspect when using Wikipedia, but I look at it anyway, sometimes just for its organization of information. For instance, one page has a table listing the amendments to the US Constitution, including a few words describing each. The tabular form was handy, because I wanted to check at a glance which amendments affect the presidency. For double-checking, I can then refer to the text of the amendments in my World Almanac.


There are, of course, 27 amendments now. At the end of the table listing the amendments, some joker added a 28th amendment, which is “about the right to go out and buy a real encyclopedia.” A couple of days later, that verbage had vanished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home