Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Orange Blossoms in GR

I can't remember the last time I attended a wedding before this Saturday. It might have been as long ago as September 2, 1995, when my old college roommate Rich married Lisa. Since then, my cohort has been busy doing other things, and I myself have been to many more children's birthday parties than weddings in recent years.


There was a time, though, when weddings were many for those around my age; in 1986, in particular, I remember attending four. The bride was already pregnant at least one of those weddings, and so the child must be a grown man by now. Time flies. Not exactly when you're having fun, just generally speaking.


My nephew Sam and his fiancée Emily became husband and wife on March 29 at a church just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here they are after the ceremony, outside the church. (Lilly took this picture.)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home