Thursday, July 31, 2008

Taking Care of Business

August is near, and I have a large pile of work to do following a lot of assignments in rapid succession. That's good, of course, since it means somewhat larger infusions of critical liquidity for one particular micro-building block of the ailing U.S. economy, namely my household. I'm going to attend to these for-profit projects and return to posting here around August 10.


Wish I could say that I'll have observations about far-flung places to post later this month, but no. I'll be lucky to make it to Costco in the coming weeks.


Last weekend I did make it to Spring Valley, where astronomy enthusiasts sometimes set up telescopes that are more expensive than I ever want to pay for, and anyone who wants a look, gets a look. It was a hazy night, however, so the planned viewing of the Milky Way didn't happen. But Jupiter is now highly visible in the southeastern sky just after sunset, so we got to see it through the scope. All the Galilean moons were visible, pretty pearls of light on either side of the Jovian disk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home