Monday, July 16, 2012

Weedy Heat, the Sequel

It's a weedy heat out there. That phrase has been rolling around my head lately, inspired by the only kinds of plants that seem to be growing in my yard, except for those we water: a flowering plant whose name I learned, but have forgotten. Its blossoms are made up of a lot of small white blossoms, and while I can't remember what it is, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's an invasive species. Maybe we can just make the best of it and call it xerogardening.

I googled "weedy heat" and this was the third listing. I was astonished. I'd forgotten I'd ever used such a phrase, but I guess it isn't a phrase too many other people use. Also, I'd forgotten that the June 2005 was so hot and dry.

I tell my children that summers were like this every day where I grew up. They aren't impressed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home