Thursday, May 12, 2005

Lilly's Soda

The chill of May continues. Drizzle and occasional showers too. This has the happy side effect of postponing lawn-mowing another day at least, but I think the time will come on Saturday.


Ann development note. In the afternoon, we went to the nearby park, Lilly on her bicycle, Ann in her stroller, me on my feet, immediately following Ann, the better to propel the stroller. Lilly went on ahead, but put a can of soda in the bin at the bottom of the stroller before she left. Ann came along, saw the can, and said, “DeeDee?”


Asking, in other words, if it was Lilly’s can. “DeeDee” is what she calls her sister, or at least I hear it that way: her version of “Lilly” spoken with a Japanese flavor. Yuriko doesn’t claim to hear “DeeDee” but I do. Anyway, it was the first time I’d ever noticed Ann acknowledging that something could be someone else’s. I answered “Lilly’s” to her question, and she left it alone for the time being.


Unemployment note. Joblessness, on the whole, isn’t a good state to linger in too long, but it has temporary upsides. Namely, if I want to I have to time make a real breakfast for myself (and Ann, though she doesn’t appreciate it). Last week I bought some bacon for this purpose. Hadn’t had any bacon in the house for some time. Fried some up this morning. With eggs, over easy, and toast and strawberry jam. Followed by tea, and the day’s off to a fine start.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home