Thursday, June 09, 2005

Wisdom from Slappy

The site meter function sends me a report every week about the hits I receive, which are consistently modest -- 60 to 80 a week. This week’s report tallied more than 100 for the first time, so I took a look at some of the details, and it seems there was a rush of strangers around 1 a.m. on June 7. Go figure. A herd moves in, grazes a little, moves on.


Mostly, though, this site is for myself and people I know, so here are a few items to bring things up to date. I had a job interview last Friday at an interesting magazine published by a large company. The interview went well enough, but it might be a while before I know if they’re interested. Such is the case at a different company I interviewed at last month. That’s still pending. In fact I noticed that they’re still advertising the position.


In the meantime, there’s no shortage of things to do. Both kids are home, Yuriko is at her office full time. I’ve received and completed assignments from a number of places (a magazine, a web site, a PR firm) in the last six weeks. I’m trying to wrap up a couple of articles in the next few days, in fact.


“The trouble with unemployment is that the minute you wake up in the morning, you're on the job.”

--Slappy White

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home