Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Monday Press Releases

Easter has come and gone, unless you’re Orthodox, and the fine warmth of last week has gone too, but today wasn’t so bad—very nearly warm, even in the wake of last night’s thunderstorms, which weren’t so ferocious here.


I’m back at the word mill, cutting sentences apart and gluing them back together every which way for sale to interested parties. In the course of my morning, I usually troll for news on specialized web sites, some more valuable to me than others. One of the least valuable is the Business Wire, but I check it anyway sometimes, because I find occasional useful press releases there. This morning I found the same one in several European languages, including a Dutch one with the following headline:

Office Depot benoemt Yalmaz Siddiqui tot adviseur milieustrategie; positie bestemd om de mondiale prestaties van het bedrijf op milieugebied verder te verbeteren


Sounds much better in Dutch, I think. Swahili would have been even more interesting, but no go. Mostly I have to wade through the likes of this:

Boston Market Roasted Sirloin Earns Top MenuMasters Honor; USDA Choice Roasted Sirloin Wins Best Menu/Line Extension Award

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home