Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Once More Around the Sun

No new posts for a few days. I’ll pick up again after Easter.


I was going to wax long about the virtues and shortcomings of working for myself, since it’s been a year ago Friday that my former employer cast me into the labor market. But I must be short since, in fact, I work for myself and would like to take most of Easter weekend off.


Enough to say that it’s been a year and (remarkably) nothing really bad has happened because I lost my job. We’re not broke, we aren’t behind on paying for anything, we haven’t gone through a jarring relocation. It’s actually been a fairly normal year in a lot of ways – the seasons have come and gone, children have gotten older, we took a summer vacation, there's been Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Millard Fillmore’s Birthday, and now it’s near Easter again – all the normal parade of events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home