Monday, June 26, 2006

Worldwide HQ

Today the skilled technicians at Schaumburg Toyota, for a fee, resolved some nagging issues and did some (I assume) necessary maintenance on our main vehicle. This took a little longer than I’m used to spending at this place, and so instead of idling in the waiting room – I’d stupidly forgotten my take-along book, The Bounty, - I took a walk. (Though I did come back later to the waiting room and saw an episode of Two and a Half Men. Speaking of stupid…)


Not many people walk along busy Golf Road, but there is a sidewalk, and a number of strip centers to inspect in the vicinity. Within a few minutes’ walk, I saw a sari shop, Korean grocer, a Mexican video store, and a day-care center that caters to children with Down’s syndrome, among a variety of other establishments. One wonders how people imagine suburbs as homogeneous, but that’s musing for another time.


Tucked away on a side street was the worldwide headquarters of the Saint Germain Foundation. A handsome brick building with lavender trim and false columns out front. Turns out they run the I AM Temple downtown, which I have passed many times, but never really investigated. The words I AM also figured into the décor on the outside of the headquarters. I can’t say that I know much about Saint Germain or his foundation, but chancing across the “worldwide headquarters” of anything made my day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home