Monday, October 09, 2006

How'd You Get So Funky?

Yuriko and Lilly went to the King Tut megashow at the Field Museum today, reporting back this evening that it was as interesting as billed, but (no surprise) crowded. It's probably crowded every day, but today after all is the day we're supposed to reflect on the immortal deeds of the Admiral of the Ocean Sea, so it was a no school, no mail sort of holiday.


I didn't dwell much on Tut or Columbus today, having to attend to various tasks, including the care and feeding of little Ann, who wouldn't have appreciated a crowded megashow one bit. (She didn't have pre-school either.) All the companies I called for information were open for business, though one fellow I need to talk to for an article this week left me a message on Friday to say that his office would be closed today, so call Tuesday. He was the only one, I think.


But I need to do something to honor the expansive memory of the boy king today. After posting, I think I'll go dig up Steve Martin singing his King Tut song, which I captured on tape some years ago. That's as close as I'm going to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home