Monday, January 21, 2008

New Uses for Elmer Fudd

Had a MLK Day thought today, not strictly orthodox. Famous cartoon characters ought to do versions of "I Have a Dream" as a way of introducing it to children. Elmer Fudd came to mind. "I have a dweam, that wabbits and hunters will be able to sit down together at the table of bwotherhood."


Maybe not such a good idea. But I did know a fellow who did an Elmer Fudd version of "Are You Experienced." Wish I could do that. It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard anyone do, and it wasn't as a bit of professional comedy, just something that bubbled out of him one day in the car, on the way back from a press conference.


There was also the time he pretended his desk was under attack "by Charlie," screamed "hit the deck, Sarge!" and jumped under his desk. This was at an office I used to work at. So there are occasions, not many, when I miss working at an office, yet usually I think I've done so enough to last a lifetime.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Elmer could deliver a number of famous speeches, with or without alterations: "You shall now cwucify mankind of a cwoss of gold;" "Fwiends, Woamans, Countwymen, wend me youw eaws;""Ask not what youw countwy can do fow you; ask what you can do fow youw countwy;" and so on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home