Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How Long Will It Be Before Someone Wants to Ban Open Fires?

The grass is greening but not growing yet, people are practicing baseball in the field behind the house, and best of all, it was about 70° F during the afternoon -- first time since October, I heard (and I believe it). I sat around on the deck for a while, but the wind was intense. Makes it hard to read, so I didn't stay long.


An evening cookout was also out of the question, but we'd done that on Monday anyway, the first one of the year. It wasn't nearly as warm as it would be on Wednesday, but it was dry enough. We cooked meat, but we also burned some papers that others might run through a shredder, which is a device I've never acquired. Why bother when you can burn things?


Mostly it was Lilly and a visiting friend who were throwing the combustibles on the fire. They were eager to, in fact, enjoying it as maybe only 10-year-olds can. I just provided the material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home