Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm Not Going to Read The Book, But I Will Review It

Another warm day. We're just asking for a short, sharp shock of cold air from Alberta or some other northerly place. Till then, the birds are active, buds are budding, driving with the windows down is a pleasure, and God is heating the house. It was all I could do to attend to work on such a day.


Recently I've been receiving offers of review copies of books. Somehow I got on someone's e-mail distribution list. I don't mind, but the books are never (1) about commercial real estate, my specialty, or (2) anything else I want to read. An offer of an item called Fat Families, Thin Families came the other day. The pitch included the following verbage:


"The title alone proves that this is unlike any other book that has tried to address the obesity crisis. Hendel is a straight-talking, dynamic family lifestyle therapist who has made it her mission to help American families shift from 'fat habits' to 'thin habits.' From her recurring role on NBC’s Today show to her online coaching at ivillage.com and dozens of venues in between, Hendel is a proven motivator who has perfected a combination of lasting personal and more importantly, family strategies to tackle the real-world hurdles facing anyone who tries to get leaner, healthier, and happier..."


It's remarkable indeed how leaner, healthier and happier always bundle up together in the same people. You know, jolly thin people. But I say enough beating around the bush already. It's time for a book titled something like Fat People: Gross and Morally Suspect. Subtitle: "Tips to mock them into thinness, for their own good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home