Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dispatch from Sukhbaatar Square

Noticeably cooler today: the first tug of fall. Soon summer and fall will be in that tug o' war that summer will lose.


This is the kind of envelope I like to see in the mail box (scanned a bit crookedly):



It's actually postmarked from Washington state, where my traveling friend Ed lives, but he picked up near Sukhbaatar Square earlier this year. I understand that a statue of Genghis Khan has been added since I saw the place in the 1990s. And, from the look of the photo at Wiki, it looks like some glasswork has been added to Mongolia's parliament building as well. I recall that it was drab and exceedingly Soviet-satellite style once upon a time. Good to see that Mongolia is making some aesthetic progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home