Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Haircut, Illustrated

Ann recently brought home a sheet with a song about colors on it. A nice little ditty:

I love colors,
Yes I do!
Red and orange and
green and blue.
I love colors,
Dark or bright.
Yellow, purple, black,
and white!!

Kindergarten in every way, but isn't this demeaning and offensive to the color blind -- I mean, the chromo-visually challenged? What about their feelings? A clear example of the oppressive chromo-normative paradigm.


I went to see Tony the barber today in a professional capacity -- he shortens my hair, I give him Federal Reserve notes. Lilly was at a friend's house, but I took Ann with me. Tony let her sit in a chair nearby and watch the process. I'd given her some paper and a pen as something to do, and soon she came up with this:



It's a depiction of Daddy's haircut, with hair spilling onto the floor. Tony is the one with glasses -- even though the actual Tony doesn't wear any -- and Ann is in the drawing, too. Curiously, she's the only one with distinct feet and shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home