Sunday, September 21, 2008

DIY Ark, $499 + Tax

The weekend was sunny and warm, a full contrast to last weekend, as previously described. Except that I forgot to mention the conversation that I had with Lilly during the rain.


"What if it never stops raining?" she had asked.

"Then we'll have to build an ark," I answered. She looked at me askance.

"But I'm not sure any ark I built would really float. Maybe we could get one at Home Depot." Puzzled look.


It might have been a week ago, but the effect of the Great Rain of '08 lingers. I was pretty such the branches piled in the back yard were dry enough by today to sustain a fire in the grill, but it wasn't so. The wood burned grudgingly, if at all, so the charcoal never became hot enough to fully cook the meat I heaped on the grill. So I finished cooking it on the stove inside. But at least the meat had some smoky flavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home