Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Wish I Was In Tijuana, Eating Barbecued Iguana

Spring break is here. For me, anyway. I'll be posting again around April 5. If all goes according to plan, I'll have been there and seen that by then, and be able to relay some details.


Till then, some amusements to share. I don't remember where I saw this sign, but I liked it enough to take a picture a few years ago. Talk about tough parking enforcement (but gift cards are available!).



"Mexican Radio" and even its video, provided they're still on YouTube, have their charms. Including one of my favorite lines from a pop song -- the one about chowing down, south of the border.



All things considered, I wouldn't want to be in Tijuana just now, and I won't be unless something completely unexpected happens, like being picked up and taken there by space aliens. As for iguana, I would certainly try it, but not at $60/lb.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger nylonthread said...

LOVE!! Wall of Voodoo! On an early episode of Cook's Tour (Food Network) Tony Bourdain ate barbecued iguana somewhere in Mexico. He described it as bar none, the very worst food he's ever eaten. Considering all that he's tried, that puts it at the bottom of my list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home