Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Early Ann Portfolio

I don't remember how old I was when I was allowed to use our Kodak Instamatic with its Flashcubes, but I'm pretty sure I was older than seven. I would have wasted both the film and cubes at that age. I was taking pictures fairly often by the time I was 12, however. I remember one in particular I took of my Uncle Ken when he visited us in the summer (?) of 1973. My aunt and mother both thought it was a good enough image to make copies for other people.


Ann wandered around outside today, before it started raining in the late afternoon, with our Nikon Coolpix 4300, which I've had almost since it was the latest thing in digital cameras. I've read it's been discontinued since then. We just call it "the silver camera" anyway, and don't care much about its manufacturing history.


"Can I take pictures, Daddy?" she asked. That's new. She's taken some before, but usually after someone else has suggested it, and helped her point and shoot.


These are some of the pictures she took. Not all of them turned out so clear or framed on their subjects, but still. She's only seven.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home