Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Net Lease & I

Not long ago I was looking up “Net Lease Denver” with Google, because I was working on an article about such a deal in that metro area, and one of the results was:

CPNetLease net lease expert Dees Stribling spoke with Kevin Kaseff, ... Other NetLease News in Brief: Korpacz Survey: Niche Net Lease Deals Gain Popularity; ...


I don’t think I’ve ever pulled myself up on Google without trying. Feed in my name and you’ll get a good number of hits, some involving me, others my nephew, a few others my uncle Ethelbert Dees (long dead), some genealogical links about the families Dees and Stribling. As for being a “net lease expert,” a more complete description would be an expert at writing about net leases, which is a species of real estate transaction I won’t get into here.


If I were really an expert in such deals themselves, I would be doing them, and probably profiting handsomely from my efforts. Trouble is, to succeed in commercial real estate, you need to be a good salesman, which I am not. “Not interested in buying today, sir? Well, never mind, I won’t bother you any more.” Not the attitude of a salesman.


Unrelated note. Lilly has discovered Drake & Josh, an intensely juvenile sitcom produced for Nickelodeon. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s enough to know that an eight-year-old thinks it’s tremendously funny. Just the other day, a made-for-DVD movie using the same characters arrived in the mail, Drake & Josh Go Hollywood, which of course involves the two lead boys buzzing off to Los Angeles for various high jinks. But I thought a better story line, and possibly one appealing to a much larger audience, would be Drake & Josh Go Bollywood.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of Drake & Josh Go Bollywood, have you seen Bride & Prejudice? It's Pride and Prejudice retold as a Bollywood musical, and not at all bad. ANK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home