Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Banned by Nixon's EPA

I’d heard part of the remake of “Big Yellow Taxi” before. I was fooling around the car radio and the other day and happened to hear part of it again, and I wondered the same thing. Who needs to remake a bug-in-amber song like that?


“Hey farmer, farmer, put away your DDT” was all current perhaps when Joni Mitchell sang it in 1970, but the world has moved on. Can’t Counting Crows come up with something for this decade? Something about knocking down nice bungalows to put up a McMansion?


Just a thought. I don’t know who Counting Crows (is/are) anyway, and though the information would be the easiest thing in the world to find out, I won’t bother. But if they wanted to remake something with less painfully dated content, something timeless, there’s always “Yes, We Have No Bananas.”

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or "Tiptoe Through the Tulips." ANK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home