Thursday, October 18, 2007

Next Time, I'll Get a Jar

A big storm was promised for Thursday evening, and from the looks of distant lightning, someone got it. All we got was winds and fast-moving clouds. The winds were brisk enough to inspire me to store foldable chairs and other backyard items in the garage, to prevent them from becoming flyable chairs and other backyard projectiles. I'm going to need those windows on the house intact, when winter actually comes.


One more bit about Florida. I didn't have time to hunt down any tupelo honey there in the capital of tupelo honey. No time to look around for it, but it turns out that you really don't know what you're getting anyway, something like dragon well tea. I asked the clerk at one of the shops at the Tallahassee airport whether he sold tupelo honey.


"No, and I keep calling them to buy some, because a lot of people ask me about it, but they never call back," he said. "I tell them I could sell a lot of honey here."


He didn't say who "they" were, but I guess he meant one of the famed purveyors of that honey, maybe Peter Fonda's outfit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home