Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yes, We Have Bananas. Sort of.

In spite of a lawn that looks something like this -- from a raccoon's eye perspective, I think --



-- it's been unusually cold in recent days. Last Friday evening, cold air from Canada and warm air from the Gulf quarreled somewhere over my property. The cold temporarily won, occupying northern Illinois over the weekend and into this week. On Monday morning, in fact, enormous but short-lived snowflakes fell.


But at least the situation has given me the excuse I need to procrastinate further on certain outdoor projects, such as cutting the aforepictured grass.


I don't know who Nick Andrews is, but an informal poll among Lilly and her friends suggests he's got a future in pleasing the 10-year-old set. There's a fortune in that; just ask Disney. Naturally, we're behind the curve on this one, since his video has been kicking around on YouTube since the bronze age of that institution, 2006 (4.8 million views or so since then, apparently with a large boost from Dave Barry's blog).


Someone recommended it to Lilly recently, and it's her favorite for the moment. Some of her other friends seem to like it as well, and it reminds me of some of the better movies made by members of my college film class in '83. Back then, the class saw it, and that was that. You were lucky to get a copy of your work on video. Now the world can see it, provided Dave Barry mentions it.


Anyway, this is "My Hands Are Bananas."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home