Tuesday, September 16, 2008

After the Deluge

Sunny day today. More pleasant to live through, less interesting to write about. I did see on a walk along a road (not Wise) that some of the high-water marks -- made mostly by dead leaves -- had been pretty high. A creek down the road about a quarter mile was still fairly vigorous, but not as high has it had been, if the nearby matted grass was any clue.


Rain or no rain, I've spent the last two days reading and writing and interviewing about stormy financial news, the details of which I don't need to relate here. Wasn't Merrill Lynch "bullish on America" once upon a time, according to their commercials? I have vague memories of commercials from the 1970s featuring running bulls, but I might be wrong about that. Still, a stampede seems like a useful metaphor for the financial markets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home