Thursday, March 05, 2009

Check Out That Crazy Cigarette, Scoob!


Ann went to a birthday party a little while ago and picked up a bag of favors that included some Scooby-Doo candy cigarettes or, to be more exact with my confectionery nomenclature, Scooby-Doo! Candy Sticks. Featuring Shaggy in a more-or-less typical pose.


That endless swamp of knowledge Wiki tells me that Shaggy actually has a formal name, Norville Rogers, which has the added bonus of sounding like the original name of any number of hiphop stars. I'll take the swamp's word for it, since looking more deeply into the matter would be a waste of time, even by my lax standards.


Anyway, she opened the box and inside were two ordinary cylindrical candy sticks. I was disappointed. They should have been tapered at both ends and fat in the middle. The fatter the better, right Scoob?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the pack should have included a toy hemostat, too. ANK

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what surprised me to discover recently--or maybe i should have known this all along--is that the voice of Shaggy is Casey Kasem. Of course, now I have to wonder about living in such a way that I know that, but not how to, say, solve quadratic equations.

e

 

Post a Comment

<< Home