Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Enough to Drive You Berserk?

Summer-like yesterday and today, though if it doesn't hit the mid-90s° F. for a week or so running, you can't really call it summer. That's the way it is in South Texas and the feeling lingers with me still.


Oops, I missed the finale of Lost, which I read was yesterday. In fact, I've missed the entire series. But of course I've heard about it: people stranded on a Pacific island; lots of unbelievable things happen to them. I think I absorbed all the entertainment I need along those lines by watching Gilligan's Island as a wee lad.


On Saturday, when it wasn't quite so hot, we went to the 20th annual Skokie Festival of Cultures. Yuriko, Lilly and Ann were participants.




I went to take pictures of the clothes. For example, here's the Assyrian contingent. It's hard to see, but they're carrying an Assyrian flag.



And the Swede.



A lot of people were taking pictures of that fellow. I hope he has more than one opportunity a year to wear his horns. We didn't stay around long enough for his berserker demonstration, unfortunately.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have gone as Hillbilly; that's definitely in our ethnic background. ANK

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erratum: Add an indefinite article before "Hillbilly." ANK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home