Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Recent Complaint Letter

To: Customer Service, Mid-Sized Retail Chain

Date: April 29, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is regarding account number 0000-0000-0000, under the name Us Guys.

Recently, you charged me a $25 late fee for a payment that was apparently one day late. But it wasn't really late, since I paid the bill electronically -- a next-day payment -- on April 10, four days ahead of the due date. The bank records the payment date as April 11. Mysteriously, you record the payment date as April 16.

In any case, this is outrageous treatment for a customer. I do not have to use your card or shop at your store.

I will pay the $27.68 for my recent purchases. Otherwise, I am asking you to cancel the $25 fee.

You may, of course, continue to bill me for $25, which I will eventually pay. If you do so, however, I will cancel my account and take my business elsewhere, under separate cover. So it is your choice: $25 now and zero business later, or my continued patronage.

I'm glad to report that the retailer saw things our way and cancelled the outrageous charge.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home