Wednesday, December 20, 2006

And a Tip-Top Tet

Had some technical issues with my wheezing, Model T iMac yesterday. I could have posted, using my more up-to-date machine, but I don’t have Word installed on it yet, and I’m not hep on the notepad program on whatever it’s called. I will use it if I have to, but I prefer Word and its dozens of typefaces and format functions. Besides, I had a fair amount of other things to do.

Fixed the issues, more or less, by rebuilding the desktop. But it took a while to realize I hadn’t done that in months. Soon that will be the equivalent of changing the ribbon on the typewriter; something that only the old-timers remember. Of course, I remember changing ribbons, too, sometimes just black and sometimes black and red and the zzzzzzzzing sound the spool made if you moved it with your finger.

Meanwhile, the Internet continues to amaze. I wanted to use a Krusty and Klown quote to sign off for a few days ahead of Christmas, and I remembered seeing him, years ago, offer seasonal wishes to his viewers, but all I could remember from it was a “tip-top Tet.” So I put that into Google. A moment later, I had the full quote.

I’ll pick up again around Boxing Day. Till then, Krusty says:

So, have a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a kwaazy Kwanza, a tip-top Tet, and a solemn, dignified, Ramadan. And now a word from my god, our sponsors!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes Mr. Google can be downright amazing: I once asked for "latens Deitas" in hopes of getting a more accurate translation than my best guess, and immediately got not only the translation, but several full texts of the hymn from which it comes, and several analyses and histories as well. Carlotta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home