Thursday, September 27, 2007

Famous Faces Around the House

Time for an early autumn break. I'll be posting again around Columbus Day Observed, which is October 8 this year, or maybe sooner. I should actually have something to describe by then, which is always good.


I want to post some of the first photos from our Nikon Coolpix S200, which we recently acquired. (If it had been called "Koolpix," I would have bought something else.) I have no pretensions about my photos or the equipment. It's just a way to point and shoot. But I was astonished that the camera has 2.1 megapixels more than the one I've used for about three years, and the memory card has eight times the capacity as the old card with the old camera. It all cost about half as much as the old setup, camera and card. I'd call that progress.


The very first image I took was of my feet, while learning to use the machine. Delete. I wanted to go outside and take a picture of Bee Paradise in the back yard, but the Sun had disappeared by the time I learned how to make an image, so that will have to wait. Instead, I settled on pictures of famous faces around the house. There are a lot of them, such as Tweety Bird:



Popular in Japan, you know. Some years back I bought Yuriko this Tweety Bird, and the company that makes them has not stopped sending us mail since.


Then there's Samurai Spongebob. He came from a garage sale, maybe. I hope so.



And finally, Mr. Potato Head -- a Christmas present for Ann last year (that's her hand). Timeless, he is.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home