Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Snows

I took a picture of the first sunset after the long snowfall this weekend, but I haven't downloaded it yet -- which would be the up-to-date version of film that hasn't been developed yet. Will the next generation know the what it is to take your pictures so as not to waste film? No, of course not. Since we got our new, much larger capacity digital camera a few months ago, Lilly has taken about 2,000 images -- mostly of herself and her sister.


Snow started to fall early Saturday morning and didn't stop till early Sunday morning. But it was a light, constant snowfall, not much wind, so hardly blizzard-like. And it obscured the ice patches still lingering from the last snow-then-melt a little cycle. Slipped a time or two, but no falls yet. But I have to fall at least once every winter, so I'm due.


When I should have been doing something more useful recently, I introduced myself to NewsRadio on DVD. A sitcom that's actually funny. Remarkable. I'm only a few episodes in, but so far it seems as underrated as its '90s contemporaries Seinfeld and Friends were overrated.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Geofhuth said...

Ah, NewsRadio, one of the funniest shows ever. Here's what I've thought of as the funniest part ever in the show, Jimmy James' reading from his autobiography, written in English, translated into Japanese, then translated back into English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZtdLra24E

The video is poor, so if you prefer text:

http://www.evilzero.com/NewsRadio/Episodes/Ep57.htm

Geof

 

Post a Comment

<< Home