Sunday, March 27, 2011

Item From the Past: Mt. Fuji & T-Shirt

This is about as close as I ever got to Mt. Fuji, during a short visit to the area around the spring equinox in 1993. The remarkable thing was that the peak was actually visible, rather than obscured by clouds.



A short while before, a graphic artist friend of mine created a t-shirt to commemorate her wedding, and she sent one to me (note the cartoon characters holding hands). I told her in a fit of exuberance that I would have pictures made featuring the shirt in famous places, and send her copies. This was one of the first such pictures, if not the first, and I made a few others, but eventually the notion fell by the wayside.


A decade later, I received a Route of Seeing cap from Ed, and not-quite-seriously had the idea to do the same as with it as with the wedding t-shirt. Except now, in the age of digital photos and e-mail, it would be much easier to send him the images. During our trip in '05, whose ultima was Yellowstone NP, I managed to take a few pics featuring the cap.



The next year, I took it to Canada and documented its visit with a few more pictures. The cap seemed to have a penchant for continental divides.



And then I lost the cap.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still have the t-shirt? Is your friend still married to the same man? ANK

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Dees Stribling said...

The shirt is in my tattered tee collection, so yes to the first question. No to the second.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home