Monday, April 30, 2007

My Afternoon in Euphoria

"Can I help you find something?"

I was looking for a certain meeting room at the new Schaumburg Convention Center today, but had misread my program and had come to the wrong room. A young woman in the uniform of the convention hotel was asked the question. But I already realized where I needed to be.

"No thanks," I said. "I thought I was supposed to be in Nirvana, but actually I need to be in Euphoria."

"They are strange names, aren't they?"

I agreed. Besides Nirvana and Euphoria, the meeting rooms at the convention center also include Utopia, Prosperity, Epiphany, Serenity, Imagination, Connection, Perfection, Knowledge, Innovation and... the Schaumburg Ballroom. I will go back again tomorrow. More about these peculiar rooms then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home