Monday, November 05, 2007

Santa is Not Coming to Town

A lot colder now, but it seems that the leaves hereabouts are at peak coloration. I've heard different explanations for that -- a wet summer, a warm fall until recently, but whatever the reason, it seems that peak coloration is now. If I remember right, the first week or so of November was when peak happened in Middle Tennessee, back when I lived there, 20-odd years ago.


Think I'll blame the shift on global warming. Whatever happens, it's global warming.


Including this. Note that the web site for this radio station calls the music holiday lite. On November 2, I was wandering up and down the radio dial -- an occasional pleasure that will be lost to future generations, unfortunately -- and I passed this station. It was playing a Beach Boys Christmas song at that moment. I thought that so odd that I listened to the rest of the song, and then found out that the station has already changed its format from "lite rock" to Christmas music.


Global warming has addled their brains. Given the standardization of radio, this is probably some companywide practice and 40 stations around the country are doing it. But Christmas music on November 2? Who wants to hear Christmas music now? No doubt they can cite focus groups who want Christmas music right after Halloween. Those people are addled too.


I actually sent them an e-mail expressing my opinion. So far no answer, not even an automated one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I say ditto to Mr. Burke!"
-- Henry Cruger

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have learned that Mr. Cruger, whom I quoted earlier, had the distinction of being both a member or parliament, for Bristol, from 1774-1784, and a New York state senator, from 1792-1796. ANK

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always pleased to learn something entirely new. Today it's Mr. Cruger's interesting accomplishment. Yesterday, it was the discovery that the actor Oliver Reed was Sir Max Beerbohm's great-nephew (if only by the half-blood). ANK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home