Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Birthday in the House; No More Till June

Wee Ann is four (see Feb. 21). She had some kind of birthday event (party probably isn’t the word) yesterday in her MWF preschool class, and then another today in her TTh class, which features different kids and teachers in a different room in a different building.


That was enough formal celebration. This afternoon, her mother returned home with a cake from the Deerfield Bakery, that bakery among bakeries. A white confection with strawberries and bananas inside. Cut a deep notch in that cake, we did.


My friend Kevin Deany informed me today that January 31 is National Gorilla Suit Day. Just in time, I almost missed it. I’d forgotten reading the Don Martin comic in which that day was invented, but of course I did read it, once upon a time. As a youngster, I had most of his books, besides reading his comics in the piles of back-issue MAD magazines that we also had, though sometimes I bought them new as well. I shudder to think how I might have turned out without MAD.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger nylonthread said...

Happy Birthday Ann!! Rosie is also four, BTW. They will be in the same year in school, starting Sept 2008, am I right?

Dash's birthday is in June, too. Whose b'day in your house will it be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home